Links open in new window.

THE TOOLBOX FOR BUILDING A GREAT FAMILY DOG
by Terry Ryan

DO OVER DOGS - GIVE YOUR DOG A SECOND CHANCE FOR A FIRST CLASS LIFE
by Pat Miller

FOCUSED PUPPY
by Deb Jones and Judy Keller

MINDING YOUR DOG BUSINESS - A PRACTICAL GUIDE TO BUSINESS SUCCESS FOR DOG PROFESSIONALS
by Veronica Boutelle and Rikke Jorgensen

UNLOCKING THE CANINE ANCESTRAL DIET - HEALTHIER DOG FOOD THE ABC WAY
by Steve Brown

DOMINANCE THEORY AND DOGS, 2ND EDITION
by James O'Heare

CAUTIOUS CANINE - HOW TO HELP DOGS CONQUER THEIR FEARS, 2ND EDITION
by Patricia McConnell

KIDS AND DOGS - A PROFESSIONAL'S GUIDE TO HELPING FAMILIES
by Colleen Pelar

Navigation:

FORUMS > General Chat < refresh >
Topic Title: Ken Ramirez Seminar
Created On Fri February 03, 2012 10:50 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Jackienmutts

Fri February 03, 2012 10:50 PM
User is offline View users profile

I'm so excited - I'm going to a Ken Ramirez seminar all day on Sunday, being held at our training facility. Can't wait!

-------------------------
Jackie.....and mutts
"If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience". Woodrow Wilson

Bottom

Shiplesp

Sat February 04, 2012 7:53 AM

He's terrific! I've been to some of his ClickerExpo presentations. You're going to have a great time and learn a lot!

Susan

Bottom

Jackienmutts

Sun February 05, 2012 7:12 PM

Just got back from the Ken Ramirez seminar - all I can say is WOW. My head is spinning, I learned so much, he's fabulous! He focused a lot on 2ndary reinforcers, and how powerful they are (if/when trained correctly), showed videos, etc (lots from his work at the Shedd Aquarium) - and now I'm rethinking so much and can't wait to work with my dogs, and I'm also working with an 8 mo old Golden. And it's not that I didn't know that they were powerful, but the way he explained things gave me a whole new insight and realization as to just how powerful, and why we need to train those 2ndaries just in and of themselves. Really cool stuff!

Jackie.....and mutts
"If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience". Woodrow Wilson

Bottom

Shiplesp

Mon February 06, 2012 7:05 AM

Did he tell that terrifying killer whale story to illustrate the danger of eliminating primary reinforcers completely? Gave me the shivvers!

Susan

Bottom

Jackienmutts

Mon February 06, 2012 8:04 PM

The one where the trainer lost his hand? If that one - yes - and everyone gasped!! Secondaries only go so far - what a harsh reminder.

I'm signed up for a Kay Laurence seminar also hosted by our facility in a month - can't wait for that one, too. The Kay Laurence one is a working seminar, so I'll be taking Alfie - should be interesting, and fun.

Jackie.....and mutts

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General Chat < refresh >

Navigation: