We're sure that many of you, when dealing with clients or less experienced dog folks, face some price resistance when recommending books to help them deal with problems with their dogs. Heck, every one likes to get a bargain, especially when it can result in a well behaved dog. Well, we have a quite a wide variety of what one might call 'pamphlet books' that hone in on problem behaviors or solutions to a dog's health needs by a number of leading author/trainers. All of them are under $11 and all are written in such a way that even novices can take the advice offered and put it to good use. Here are some of the most popular:
- Trish McConnell offers a wide variety of pamphlet books on problems relating to such issues as fear, multi-dog households, separation anxiety, leash reactivity and more. Pamphlet books like Cautious Canine, I'll Be Home Soon and Feisty Fidos have helped thousands of people over the years. Click here for the entire selection.
- Monica Segal, author of a number of books on canine nutrition, has pamphlet books that include diets for those wanting to feed raw foods or feed to deal with specific nutrition problems. Click here for the entire selection.
- Suzanne Clothier, one of our more prolific authors, also has a number of pamphlet books focusing on subjects like teaching your dog self control, relationship training and tracking. Click here for the entire selection.
- Sarah Whitehead's pamphlet books, all in color, are great recommendations for families to learn the basics of training, problem solving and keeping your dogs mentally occupied. Click here for the entire selection.
- Taking Care of Puppy Business by Gail Pivar and Leslie Nelson is a concise guide to get great results with your puppy. Easy to read, full of great information.
- Really Reliable Recall by Leslie Nelson. This pamphlet book might be the best $6.95 you or your clients ever spend because it can save your dog's life. The ability to get you dog to come back to you when called is one of the most important behaviors you should teach your dog - especially if your dog is often off leash or is one of those breeds prone to taking off to give chase.
Our product feature this week is the FitPAWS Targets. These targets feature anti-slip material and can be used underneath FitPAWS Paw Pods or on top of the FitPAWS exercise balls when extra traction is desired. You can also use the targets to help your dog become accustomed to the FitPAWS balance equipment. This is especially helpful if your dog doesn't know an "up" command. First have your dog learn to touch the targets when they are on the floor. Once your dog masters the touch, move the targets to the FitPAWS equipment you want to have your dog work out on. For instance, you can place two targets on the side of the FitPAWS Peanut to help your dog learn how to place two feet on the ball. From there, it's just a matter of moving the targets on top of the peanut.
Newest books & products:
People Training Skills for Pet Professionals: Your Essential Guide to Engaging, Educating and Empowering Your Human Clients by Niki Tudge. Your essential guide to engaging, educating and empowering your human clients isn't just a presentation of a fascinating but often overlooked subject but it is also your complete training guide to developing skills no trainer's toolkit should be without. Every page provides yet more insight into the skills and knowledge required to successfully teach and motivate your human clients, as well as effectively train their canine companions. By helping you understand teaching methods and the process of knowledge acquisition this book will become an indispensable aid to your professional development.
Puppies: Growth Phases, Mental Development, Education and Activities: The Puppy Class DVD by Turid Rugaas. A puppy is a treasure, to be handled with care and raised with love and attention. It must feel welcome and safe, a part of our family. While growing, with patience, we can help him to become a healthy adult, social and self-confident. To accompany a puppy through his growth stages is a fascinating and unique experience, although not always easy.
In this video, Turid guides us through the mental and physical development of the puppy, from the puppys birth to adolescence, giving useful advice on how to introduce the puppy into his new home, and some suggestions of what to do (and not to do) with your puppy.
The Wee Sigs of Dogs DVD by Turid Rugaas. When you watch wolves on a bison hunt you see the small signals that they are giving each other. They are so small that you would not think it was possible to catch them, but they do
and they know exactly what to do. One of the biggest mistakes we people make is to use these huge neon letters when we are talking to dogs
we have to learn to get down to the talking level of dogs and talk to them in such a way that they can understand us without getting stressed because we overdo things so much. The charming and characteristic presentation skills of Turid Rugaas have been enriched with images on file from filming done worldwide by our team.
Thanks from the staff at Dogwise!
Click here for Dogwise E books
Click here for Best Sellers
Click here for Dogwise Affiliate Program
Click here for Bargain Books
Click here for Featured Toys & Products
Click here for our Facebook page
Post your reviews on your favorite books and be entered to win a $25 Dogwise credit! It's easy! Click here to find out how.
Your friends at Dogwise
403 S. Mission St Wenatchee WA 98801