Our dogs’ behavior issues can often limit their lives and add challenges to ours. Emma Parsons offered hope and revolutionary solutions to thousands of owners of aggressive dogs as well as to professional trainers with her groundbreaking book Click to Calm, Healing the Aggressive Dog.
Now, she’s done it again. In her new book, The New Click to Calm: Solutions for All Dogs in a Challenging World, Emma has not only updated the Click to Calm protocol to enable more rapid behavior change but she teaches us how to apply it to help dogs with more common, less intense behavioral issues. Most importantly, she shows us how to give dogs the ultimate gifts—the resilience, awareness, and behavioral repertoire to navigate new, unpredictable, and ever-changing environments safely and calmly.
With an empathetic ear, keen eye, and a calm confidence earned from helping thousands of canine caregivers navigate difficult situations, Emma provides both the inspiration we want and the practical help we need. Filled with compelling case studies, photo illustrations, and more than 40 exercises, The New Click to Calm teaches pet owners and experienced trainers how to:
• teach your dog that a “trigger” is a cue to look to you for further direction
• train “emergency behaviors” and how to use them to keep you, your dog, and others safe
• escort your dog away from brewing trouble calmly
• deal with loud, obnoxious drama at the door
• bolster the confidence of your shy dog
• desensitize your dog to the approach of strange dogs
• stop dangerous defensiveness over food
• and more
Whether you’re worried about your dog’s safety or the safety of others, The New Click to Calm provides practical solutions for living in today’s challenging world.