You love your dog, and he does behave well some of the time. But at times your patience and sanity are put to the test! Your dog is not a bad dog, but he can behave like a juvenile delinquent at times. While we think of juvenile delinquents as adolescents or teenagers, juvenile delinquent dogs can be any age: puppies, adolescents, adults and sometimes even seniors. This book is probably the most complete manual on the market today on dealing with problem behaviors and more importantly, how to avoid them in the first place. Whether your dog is an adolescent or just an adolescent at heart, this book is for you.
You Will Learn How To:
- Develop and monitor realistic expectations with our Goals and Expectations Worksheet
- Determine whether your dog’s needs are being met
- Use management to prevent bad behaviors
- Most effectively communicate with and train your dog so he listens to you
- Get a well-behaved dog who makes good choices
- Properly socialize your dog
- Resolve ANY behavior problem by using our Problem Solving Model along with detailed instructions for 24 of the most common dog behavior problems
BOOK OWNERS - ADDITIONAL CONTENT AVAILABLE!
As a book owner, you will be able to register online for access to the member area for Juvenile Delinquent Dogs Book Owners, which includes additional articles and videos to supplement the book content.
Sue Brown, MNM, CDBC, CPDT-KA, is a Certified Dog Behavior Consultant through the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants, a Certified Professional Dog Trainer through the Certification Council of Professional Dog Trainers, and a Professional Member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers. She is author of "Ask The Trainer", has written for the APDT Chronicle of the Dog and was a contributor to the book "The Association of Pet Dog Trainers Top Tips from Top Trainers". She writes regularly on her we-blog in addition to her monthly newsletter.