Whether you are a new, aspiring, or experienced trainer, this book is for you! Working with private clients can be extremely rewarding both personally and financially, but there are things you must know in order to be truly successful. As a professional trainer and behavior specialist with over thirty years of experience, I am here to guide you through the good, the bad, and the just plain confusing! From beginner questions to issues even experienced professionals struggle with, you’ll get immediately useful, specific information and plenty of tips, all written in an easily understandable way. This revised, updated, and expanded edition includes detailed history-taking questionnaires, contracts, new handouts, a completely updated Q&A section covering challenging situations, and a helpful resources section. Think of this comprehensive guide as having a mentor at your fingertips!
• Specific skills and behaviors you must master
• Different types of private training you can offer
• Setting up your business and setting fees
• Proven techniques for making the sale
• A step-by-step guide to conducting a lesson
• Getting client compliance
• Handling challenging situations including no-shows, what to do if bitten, firing a client, working with two dogs, elderly clients, and much more!
Nicole Wilde is first and foremost a lover of all things four-footed and furry, particularly dogs and wolves! She is also an award-winning author and canine behavior specialist who lectures worldwide on canine behavior. Nicole is a regular contributor to Modern Dog Magazine and maintains her own Wilde About Dogs blog.
Nicole was a Volunteer Coordinator for the City of Los Angeles' Animal Services, and Executive Director for Villalobos Rescue Center, a sanctuary for rescued wolves/wolfdogs, pit bulls and exotic animals. She operates Gentle Guidance Dog Training in southern California, and photographs dogs for various rescue groups to encourage adoptions.