What is a shopworn or damaged title?
We often have books that have slight damage to either the cover or the interior of the books that don't allow us to sell them as brand new. If you don't need a brand new looking book, these are a great option.
Do you have an aggressive or reactive dog? Learn how to turn your dog's behavior around!
• Complete step-by-step guide to proven methods that help dog owners manage and rehabilitate a reactive or aggressive dog, whether a rescue or purebred
• Behavior program models formed by canine professionals, including Dog L.E.G.S. (R) (Learning, Environment, Genetics, and Self), Fear Free, Slow Thinking is Life Saving for Dogs (TM), and ACE (Animal Centred Education) Free Work
• True stories and case studies, plus the author's experiences, successes, and heartbreaks with her own aggressive and fearful dogs
• Expert interviews with 16 certified and award-winning professional trainers, behavior consultants, and veterinarians, including Dr. Amy Pike, Dr. Laura Donaldson, Dr. Marty Becker, and more
• Proper socialization and good breeding, and their importance in forming a dog's adult personality and temperament
• Why punishment fails and how negative training only worsens a dog's inappropriate behavior and destroys the human-canine bond
Help your dog overcome problem behaviors and recover from fear, anxiety, and aggression!
Canine professionals are seeing increases in troubling dog behaviors, and recent studies show behavioral concerns are a large reason why dog owners surrender their pets to shelters. This professional and practical guide gives hope and encouragement to dog owners trying to eliminate unwanted aggression, barking, timidity, fear, and reactivity in their dogs.
A wide range of cruelty-free and positive reinforcement behavior training methods and technique exercises are provided with step-by-step instructions and high-quality photography to help resolve and correct problem behaviors in your dog. Also included are real-life case studies from dog owners detailing the extreme measures they've taken to manage their dogs' behavior around others, as well as interviews with top dog trainers, behaviorists, and veterinarians.
With detailed sections covering an array of topics and how-to instruction — from the qualities of a good dog trainer and the top five ways to help your dog feel safe at home, to the must-have skills your dog needs to learn and the top methods used by professional trainers to change unwanted behaviors — this resource covers a ton of ground to help your dog develop and live a better life with you and your family.
Author Leann Phenix is an industry-leading expert dog trainer, award-winning journalist, Fear Free Certified Professional, Graduate of a Schutzhund Dog Academy, member of The Pet Professional Guild, and author of The Midnight Dog Walkers, which was nominated as the best behavior book in 2016 by Dog Writers Association of America. She has personally fostered more than 400 dogs and is a lifetime advocate of training dogs without the need for fear, force, or pain, using compassion and science-backed methods.
If you're seeking professional guidance to overcome problematic habits present in your dog, Positive Training for Aggressive and Reactive Dogs is here to help!
Professional dog trainer Annie Phenix is a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin with BA in English. She grew up near Austin writing for her family’s weekly newspapers (The Westlake Picayune among others) and has been an award-winning, professional journalist most of her life. Phenix was named The Austin Communicator of the Year in 2000. As a working journalist and the previous owner of a literary publicity firm (Phenix & Phenix Literary Publicist), Phenix has worked with all forms of media from small town weeklies to national programs such as The Today Show and the Oprah Winfrey Show.