Hannah Branigan’s book, Awesome Obedience: A Positive Training Plan for Competition Success, sent waves through the world of competitive obedience. Hannah’s comprehensive training book for obedience competitors is the first to combine the power of positive reinforcement with good training practices. That combination helps dog owners create the teamwork they dream of having with their dogs.
Awesome Obedience:The Field Guide is the spiral-bound companion workbook that makes the lessons of Awesome Obedience more accessible to dog owners during actual training sessions. You will find:
• A summary of the purpose and context for each game
• All the step-by-step “recipes” to train the components you need to build obedience exercises
• All the original diagrams and photographs so you can see exactly what you’re aiming for
• A quick-reference, alphabetical list of all the games inside the front cover
• A book that lies flat for easy reference, wherever you take it to train
Review the philosophy, the principles, the purpose, and the details of Hannah’s obedience games in Awesome Obedience. When you get down to the brass tacks of training, Awesome Obedience: The Field Guide is the manual you’ll take with you to make your sessions efficient, productive, and a blast for you and your dog.
Hannah Branigan applies a background in human sports and biology to the world of animal training and canine competitive sports. She has titled dogs in obedience, agility, conformation, Schutzhund, and rally. Hannah is a Karen Pryor Academy Certified Training Partner (KPA CTP), a KPA faculty member, a member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers, and a Certified Professional Dog Trainer. A popular speaker, she teaches workshops all over the country. A self-proclaimed training nerd, Hannah hosts the popular, award-winning podcast, Drinking from the Toilet, and has received rave reviews for her competition obedience DVDs.