The ultimate book for Agility competitors, Care Of The Canine Athlete will help you get the best from, and do the best by, your dog.
Leading sports dog veterinarian Lowri Davies and the Smart Clinic team offer outstanding advice on every aspect of preparing and caring for the canine competitor.
Illustrated in full color throughout.
• Evolution Of The Canine Athlete
• How To Make An Athlete
• Feeding For Performance
• Optimising Energy & Exercise
• Foundation Training For The Young Athlete
• Conditioning The Agility Dog
• Skill Training: Taper & Fatigue
• Why Do Dogs Get Injured?
• Common Injuries Of The Agility Dog
• Physiotherapy Techniques
• Therapeutic Exercises